My tiGO Experience

posted under by Ghostdog

Customer service and treatment is soo bad in certain areas of the Ghanaian economy and businesses that sometimes the individual and merchant can easily be confused.

The sector which really bothers me is the sector of Internet Service Provision; I have wandered from company to company searching for the ultimate solution; a low cost and moderate way to be online.
Most people in other areas would think this is something minor, looking at the presence of several tiGo, Mtn and Broadband4u adverts circulating around the media. Its soo ironic that these companies would invest such large amounts into advertising rather than reorganizing company structures to improve overall productivity and performance.

After my wild goose chase with Ghana telecom, I decided it was time to try something rather, less intensive but convenient. Since the rates at Mtn Ghana are soo outrageously absurd, I didn’t even consider them an option.
I chose tiGO, my beloved company. Another reason I chose tiGO was their fixed price policy in relation to mobile browsing and since I was already a post-paid account user, I thought it was in my interest to proceed in this regard.

TiGO charges $40 USD, for a month's usage of their GPRS internet package. This wasn't the most affordable but since I was desperate, I chose this.
Now, in my first month of usage I discovered the service is anything from assured. It was slower than I thought but I didn't let that stop me. The main problem was that, their servers were most of the time down, I constantly run into problems connecting usually in three day periods. The problem is rather intense since the speed isn’t the best and since the individual is charged monthly and shown no considerations when the payments delay.

The even greater problem was payment; at the time of this writing tiGO has no method of relay payment.
Individual subscribers couldn't link their monthly bills with their personal accounts so that they could be deducted monthly. Each user had to drive to their offices, which were very badly located.
When a user faces problems, there are virtually no response teams dispatched to handle these problems. At one time,
i wanted to find out their customer service number, so one of their attendants gave me one. God knows, I called that number several times, yet I received no response.

These are just a gist of the unprofessional attitudes shown by the so-called; "dedicated" companies in Ghana.
Its just soo pathetic that such things are present in this modern age of business.

0 comments

Make A Comment
top