The EcoBank Dilemma

posted under by keLz


Is customer satisfaction too much to ask or am I plain unreasonable?

The thing is, African businesses have come a long way from the traditional business practices and I applaud them for each single step they take along the race track but before eagerly handing off the baton just Hold up for a sec.

I was made to believe a customer was always right. At least that’s what my Grandma told me. Did this rule pass way with her as well?

I’m not soo much a power consumer as I am an agile spectator, but when I pay for a service I expect nothing else in the lines of satisfaction. This situation I’m facing is quite a tricky one. Ecobank is among the first three banks in Ghana and I would be lying if I didn’t agree. After all, they are quite the innovating kind.{Not holding my breath for the paypal support tho. Lol}

I mean, I was among the first ones to acquire the VISA Gold debit card that was advertised by Ecobank, because among other things. I do a lot of transactions online. That being said, I traveled out of the country for a couple of weeks and I lost my user login details. All I wanted was for EcoBank to reassign or even recover my lost account information to enable me to handle my business. C’mon! How bad is this?

I’ve being through a marathon of emails in which period I was made to disclose every possible information needed over plain email. And after all this, I still cant check my account balance online. WOW!! So I know I don’t say this much, but EcoBank …. I’m really PROUD! you give a whole new meaning for customer disatisfaction.

3 comments

Make A Comment
top